Hey Good For You CrossFit! We are super excited to announce the launch of Coach Wendy’s new program, DSM (Dynamic Strength & Mobility). We will announce class times and prices for this new program later this week.
So what is DSM? Here is Wendy’s presentation of the program to Chyna and I:
I want to create a class that draws on my favorite parts from several of the different fitness trends I have participated in, sort of a hybrid, if you will. The focus will be strength and mobility, but I also want to incorporate some yoga practices that help with mental strength. Nothing too hippie or weird. I want this to be a class that could easily be taken on it’s own, or in addition to CrossFit. I want people leaving the class feeling refreshed and stronger both mentally and physically. The class format will go as follows:
- Warm up – This will be a dynamic warm-up that gets people moving and their blood flowing, i,e., running, bikes, rowing, etc. I have had the best yoga classes when I have taken the time to really warm up before.
- Strength – This portion of the class we will use resistance bands and dumbbells to do simple accessory type strength work.
- Yoga flow – I want to introduce a traditional yoga flow, but combine it with more isometric movements to continue the strength portion of the class.
- Stretch – At this point the class will transition into a more relaxing, deep stretching style of yoga, and will end with a final relaxation pose.
I imagine each of these portions will take roughly 15 minutes, making the class easily fit into an hour long time frame.
Stay tuned for class times. This is going to be cool.
- 6/6/6/6 Deadlift
*Score heaviest 6 rep
One cycle is:
As many rounds in 3 minutes of:
- 12 Plate Ground to Overhead (M:45#/W:25#)
- 10 Burpee Box Jumps Overs (M:24″/W:20″)
*Do four cycles. Rest 90 secoonds between cycles. Continue each cycle where you left off in the previous cycle and post one score at the end.